pspp-users

PSPP and visually handicapped

From: Antonín Paleček
Subject: PSPP and visually handicapped
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2020 15:41:54 +0100

Good morning,
     I am visually handicapped, and I tried to use your free statistic software PSPP with free “screen reader” NVDA. But, NVDA can not read menu, dialogical windows, tables, outputs... Problem is, that PSPP not purveys data into NVDA. On the other hand, IBM SPSS works with NVDA without problems, but there is problem of high price. Result is, that many visually handicapped people from whole world can not work with statistic software.
Please, can you try to use PSPP with NVDA? And, is it to possible designet new other version of PSPP to that can works with screen readers? For example, OpenOffice, MS Office, Skype, IBM SPSS and many other softwares work with screen readers without problems. Why PSPP no. Visually handicapped people are about 250000000 on world.
Please, if that problem will be solved, please can give this information to me, and I sent that information to community of visually handicapped.
Thank you,
Antonín Paleček, Czech Republic, sociologist