pspp-users

Re: why is an old PSPP version present in ubuntu repository?

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: why is an old PSPP version present in ubuntu repository?
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 22:07:21 +0200

On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 07:28:21PM +0000, Dana M Williams wrote:

     What would be necessary to get it back into the repository

The Ubuntu repositories (with a few exceptions, I think) include what Debian has
in its repostitory.  So it would be necessary for someone to take over the
maintainership of PSPP for the Debian project.

     and could folks with less technical expertise do it?

All things are relative.  I don't think it requires in depth programming skills.
But basic computer knowledge, (bash, make etc) and a willingness to learn
Debian's workflow.   These days Debian has rather a lot of administrative
hoops to jump through, so that person would need to have the patience to
negotiate those too.

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer#Becoming_a_Debian_Maintainer I think
is the page
which describes the process for becoming a Debian maintainer.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3