pspp-users

Re: a problem with Linux version

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: a problem with Linux version
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 08:29:38 +0000

My guess is that you have the remnants of an old version which is installed
somewhere.

Try running "locate frequencies.ui" You should see only one.

J'
On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 08:53:04PM +0200, Matej Kovacic wrote:
     Hi,

     Jure Cuhalev has done test build of PSPP for Ubuntu. It seems it is
     working fine, but I have spotted one nasty bug in psppire, which is not
     present in Windows version. The same bug was existing on a previous
     version of PSPP Ubuntu package.

     When you open the "frequencies dialog", you have a list of variables on
     a left side and on a right side you have the "Variable(s) area" (up) and
     "Statistics area" (down).

     The problem is, that "Variable(s) area" is so condensed, that you cannot
     see any variable, you have selected. And of course of that problem you
     cannot unselect variables.

     How does it look like can you see here:
     http://pspp.kiberpipa.org/pspp_ubuntu_error.png

     This is a slovenian version of PSPP, but you can see what the problem is
     anyway.

     Is that a problem of Linux version or some packaging problem or
     something related to my setup only?

     Regards,

     Matej