pspp-users

Re: version pspp-0.7.6-g150d9b.tar.gz option "B" no longer exists?

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: version pspp-0.7.6-g150d9b.tar.gz option "B" no longer exists?
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 20:04:38 -0800

tim chan <address@hidden> writes:

> It seems option 'B' is now invalid?
>
> In version pspp-0.7.6-g150d9b I run the command,
>
> pspp -B mydir myfile.syn
>
> and I get this error message
>
> pspp: invalid option -- 'B'
>
> We've been using this command in previous pspp versions for many years.  The
> last version we we're running was pspp-0.7.1, and the same command worked
> fine.

It is true that there is no longer a -B option.  Since version
0.7.1, the way that PSPP is configured has changed.  The new way
is much simpler and, in my opinion, easier to use.

If you can describe what you were using -B to do, then perhaps I
can explain how you can accomplish the same thing with the new
setup.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org