pspp-users

Re: Problem in MSWindows 0.7.6-g983f4e-blp-build20101030

From: Matej Kovacic
Subject: Re: Problem in MSWindows 0.7.6-g983f4e-blp-build20101030
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 21:21:59 +0100

Hi,

> When 0.7.6-g983f4e crashes, an error like this is generated:
>
> "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
> unusual way"
>
> And then the PSPP spreadsheet vanishes when you click the error box.
The same problem with me. I have fresh Windows instalation in my office
computer, with Office, OpenOffice and all updates No database, nothing
special.

> I would love to know if on the PC's where the latest build crashes,
> - postgres is installed
No.

> - all windows updates are installed
Yes.
> - which language is the default language
English.

> - does pspp.exe work?
Since I am not in my office right now, I tried this in virtual Xp
machine (in VirtualBox).

I instaled "address@hidden".
Actually, it does run, but when I opened SAV file, it crashed with "This
application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way".

Then I runned it from "cmd", and it crashed immediately. No message in
command line.

I tried PSPP, and it works (I opened SAV file and did some analysis).

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Matej