pspp-users

Re: save error - no clue

From: DesperatePOSC
Subject: Re: save error - no clue
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 06:55:24 -0700 (PDT)

thx for the fast reply, ben.
Now here we go:
1) I downloaded the data from the ANES web site, zipfile.
2) I unziped and saved the run.sps file on my desktop.
3) I opened it via PSPP.
4) it indicated that I should create a directory with a specific path, which
I did.
5) I unziped and saved all remaining files from the initial data zip file in
this directory, also the run.sps file
6) I opened the the run.sps file in the PSPP doing this: file-open-syntax
and than followed the path to my directory.
7) after the PSPPIRE Syntax Editor window open I clicked “run” and selected
“all”
8) the PSPPIRE output window open, and in the bottom line it said:
"...run.sps:48:error:SAVE is allowed only after the active file has been
defined"

As I understood the instructions which came with the data, the data should
be a) saved in the directory and b) exported into the PSPP ready for work
automatically.

Like I said, I am sure it is only a minor problem and laughable for you
pros, but I am totally lost.

I very much appreciate your effort.

Cheers,
Tom.