pspp-users

save error - no clue

From: DesperatePOSC
Subject: save error - no clue
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 13:27:08 -0700 (PDT)

In advance: sorry for my ignorance, but I am totally new and incompetent with
PSPP.
But for my study on American elections I have to deal with PSPP. So here we
go:
I tried to download some data from the NES site which worked fine; I
unzipped them, and saved them. So far so good.
Now, I tried to open them with PSPP, did everything that was indicated in
the description that came with the files, but afterwards the output window
gives me the following error message: save is not allowed if the active file
is not defined (or something like that). I do assume that it is a minor
problem, but I just can’t figure it out.
Any suggestions?

Everything is appreciated.

thx.