pspp-users

Output files [pspp-1.png etc.] - where exactly are they?

From: Martin (London)
Subject: Output files [pspp-1.png etc.] - where exactly are they?
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 14:57:35 -0800 (PST)

I'm a newbie using PSPP in a Windows Vista environment and I am trying to
understand what graphing capabilities PSPP has and exactly how (in very
simple language) to use them. My questions are...

1.) From reading previous posts and searching the web I've established the
graphical user interface (GUI) cannot yet be used to produce graphs but that
syntax commands can. For example, the following command produces a frequency
chart for variable1 in the output window followed by the line "see
pspp-1.png for a chart", however I cannot find the file 'pspp-1.png'
anywhere on my computer and I am not sure what to do with it once I do find
it. Can you point me the right direction?

FREQUENCIES variable1
     /HISTOGRAM.

2.) I have read elsewhere on this forum that other types of graph can be
produced, for example that EXAMINE or EXPLORE or DESCRIPTIVE can produce
plots [/PLOT] and boxplots [/BOXPLOT], and that FREQUENCIES can produce
piecharts [/PIECHART] but is there a comprehensive list of graph commands
available anywhere? Incidently, when I attempt to produce a piechart using
FREQUENCIES, PSPP closes down?!

Many thanks for any help you can offer!