pspp-users

Re: problems compiling pspp in cygwin

From: flxms
Subject: Re: problems compiling pspp in cygwin
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 12:44:00 +0200

Hi Jason,

thank you for your answer! Of course the way you described is the easiest and
most efficient in case one is just interested in running PSPP on Windows (Thanx
a lot to unknown-1!!!) In my case I already have a quite huge cygwin installed,
which I use for compiling other Software (mostly bioinformatic tools) and
because of the Xserver, gwak, sed, etc. which I really miss on Windows.

Unfortunately I can confirm, that the package provided by unknown-1 is not
compatible with an already installed cygwin (at least not out of the box; I
tested it :-().

So I tried to compile it the way unknown-1 described it. Further more I am
interested in redistributing a custom cygwin image including other useful
bioinformatics tools. So I guess I have to do it the hard way...

Best regards,
Felix