pspp-users

Re: problems compiling pspp in cygwin

From: Jason Stover
Subject: Re: problems compiling pspp in cygwin
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 15:04:05 +0000

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 11:57:54PM +0200, Felix Mueller-Sarnowski wrote:
> I tried to follow a howto from "unknown-1", who recently made a cygwin
> windows port of pspp available
> (http://rapidshare.de/files/39660548/*PSPP*-0.6.0.RC2-7-Setup.zip.html
> <http://rapidshare.de/files/39660548/PSPP-0.6.0.RC2-7-Setup.zip.html>).
> Here is an excerpt of the howto I followed:
>
> *1.  For development use, **Install Cygwin and update with Cygwin-Ports *

I haven't done much with the Windows port except install and test it, so
I don't know everything about it. But it looks like you tried to install
a development version, which is harder to work with and probably not what
you want.

If you just want a running installation of pspp 0.6.0 on a Windows machine,
you should be able to just unzip the archive and double-click on setup.exe,
then follow the directions for a straightforward installation. That's what
I did, and I never had to deal with ./configure and make.

-Jason

--
address@hidden