pspp-users

Re: PSPP -- Scandinavian characters?

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: PSPP -- Scandinavian characters?
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 15:54:18 +0800

Can it load the system file at
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/download.php?file_id=1906 ?

If not, then perhaps this fix didn't make it into the CVS
snapshot. Otherwise, perhaps you've found another problem.

J'

On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 11:34:22PM -0700, Paul and/or Minna Brown wrote:

     --- John Darrington <address@hidden> wrote:

     > Character sets other than ascii are not supported in
     > 0.4.x. The problem of reading non-ascii characters
     > in SAV files was fixed some time ago in CVS (see
     > http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?15820 ), and
     > will be in 0.6.0 when it's released.

     Okay, then I'm confused and doing something wrong.

     I downloaded the 08/26/2007 CVS Snapshot, tarred it
     open, ran the whole ./compile, make, make install,
     etc... gambit, and gave it another shot.  No go.
     (Well, also did the "patch" that allows me to get rid
     of this error when reading SPSS 15.0 files: "error:
     corrupt system file: blah.sav: File-indicated
     character representation code (Unknown) is not
     ASCII.")

     But I still get the complaint about non-ascii
     characters in variable names.

     Am I somehow using the CVS snapshot incorrectly, or
     have I misunderstood how to use it?  Any help?
     Thanks!

     -paul

     Got a little couch potato?

PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3