pspp-users

Re: PSPP -- Scandinavian characters?

From: Paul and/or Minna Brown
Subject: Re: PSPP -- Scandinavian characters?
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 23:34:22 -0700 (PDT)

--- John Darrington <address@hidden> wrote:

> Character sets other than ascii are not supported in
> 0.4.x. The problem of reading non-ascii characters
> in SAV files was fixed some time ago in CVS (see
> http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?15820 ), and
> will be in 0.6.0 when it's released.

Okay, then I'm confused and doing something wrong.

I downloaded the 08/26/2007 CVS Snapshot, tarred it
open, ran the whole ./compile, make, make install,
etc... gambit, and gave it another shot.  No go.
(Well, also did the "patch" that allows me to get rid
of this error when reading SPSS 15.0 files: "error:
corrupt system file: blah.sav: File-indicated
character representation code (Unknown) is not
ASCII.")

But I still get the complaint about non-ascii
characters in variable names.

Am I somehow using the CVS snapshot incorrectly, or
have I misunderstood how to use it?  Any help?
Thanks!

-paul

Got a little couch potato?