pspp-dev

Re: User manual

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: User manual
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2020 21:16:21 +0100

On Sun, Oct 25, 2020 at 11:29:18AM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:

     I suspect that the tutorial would be more useful if it was not
     oriented around using the command syntax interactively. I doubt that
     is a common way to use PSPP. It seems to me that users are more likely
     to use PSPP either by writing syntax files in an editor and running
     them noninteractively, or by using the GUI (either writing syntax
     files there or using the dialog boxes).

     Would you be OK with it if I modified the tutorial to be oriented
     around writing syntax files, rather than around writing syntax
     interactively in the text UI?

Go ahead.  (I think however some mention of the interactive mode, perhaps with a
small example should remain).

J'