poke-devel

Re: C-Escape sequences in print command

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: C-Escape sequences in print command
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 11:27:37 +0200

Hi Henner.

    (thanks for poke and the OrConf talk, just poking around :) ).

    I am trying to use escape sequences in print commands. In my case, I
    want to wrap the header of the 'dump' output in "\033[4m" ...
    "\033[0m" so that it visually indicates that this is the header (in
    pk-dump.pk).

    Yet, pickle complains that "error: invalid \0 sequence in string". Is
    it considered to allow more c-escape idioms in strings ?

Yeah, support for octal escape sequences in strings (like \033) is not
implemented yet.  Shouldn't be difficult to do it: the relevant code is
in the `pkl_trans1_ps_string' handler in pkl-trans.c.

Happy poking! :)