po4a-dev

[Po4a-dev] [bug #6454] Classification of the 'command' docbook tag

From: nobody
Subject: [Po4a-dev] [bug #6454] Classification of the 'command' docbook tag
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 13:59:18 -0500

=================== BUG #6454: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=6454&group_id=2756

Signalé par: fgouget                  Projet: Po for anything
Signalé le: lun 10.11.2003 à 18:59
Category:  None                       Severity:  5 - Major
Bug Group:  None                      Resolution:  None
Assigned to:  None                    Status:  Open

Original Submission:  Here's the problem: the 'command' DocBook tag can be used
either inline, or in a tag that does not contain text, e.g. 'cmdsynopsis'.
Because of the latter case I had put 'command' in the 'translate' category. But
this causes 'The <command>ls</> command prints the directory contents.' to
generate:

msgid "The"

msgstr ""

msgid "ls"

msgstr ""

msgid "command prints the directory contents."

msgstr ""

The above is too hashed out to be translated. I can fix this by moving the
'command' tag to the 'ignore' category. And it still works if I put it into a
'cmdsynopsis' tag. But then we rely on 'cmdsynopsis' being in the 'indent'
category.

Is this the right thing to do?

How does one determine in which category to put tags?

No Followups Have Been Posted

La liste CC est vide

Fichiers attachés

Date: lun 10.11.2003 à 18:59  Name: test.sgml  Size: 0KB   By: fgouget