Re: [Phptest-users] reusing questions

From: TW-2
Subject: Re: [Phptest-users] reusing questions
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 18:41:52 -0700

Hey Dan,

> What about the fact that the test questions are stored
> *with each answer*?  That's gotta be a huger inefficiency.

 No I don't think so. The reason the "answers' table is there is as a
backup.
It's come in handy a couple of times for me.......

Q:What if someone deletes a question from a test, but you need that question
and answer back?
A:  look it up in the answers table.

Ultimately, PHPTest will get to the point where a simple mySQL setup is no
longer going to work, it seems already to be getting that way. I myself am
already starting to rewrite and set it up with a mySQL PMA relational
database (PT/mySQL by default is currently not setup that way). This will
mean a total rewrite of some of the code in PT to take advantage of the new
DB structure but in the end I think will be worth it.

TW