Re: [Phptest-users] Re: reusing questions

From: Dan Kegel
Subject: Re: [Phptest-users] Re: reusing questions
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 17:20:29 -0800

TW-2 wrote:
I'm bothered by the inefficiency in the database with the multiple copies
of questions.

Yup, good point. I myself have not had a chance to look at the problem
directly but I suppose at some point it will crop up for me as well. If I
get time I will have a boo and see what I can do to create some sort of
'test generator' with questions already in the database so that you will be
able to create a "new test" with "old questions".

What about the fact that the test questions are stored
*with each answer*?  That's gotta be a huger inefficiency.
But fixing it might mean that we need a write-once approach
to storing test questions: when you change a test question,
you don't want to affect already-subitted results.  I think.
Unless you're just changing which answer is marked as 'correct'.

Complicated, innit?
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel