Re: [phpGroupWare-users] Slow addressbook...

From: Marco Gaiarin
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-users] Slow addressbook...
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 16:03:40 +0200

Mandi! Chris Weiss
  In chel di` si favelave...

> how's the server memory usage?

...seems not a performance issue...

> also verify that the addressbook table have indexes, setup is supposed
> to add them, but i have heard of them failing.

address@hidden:~$ echo "\d phpgw_addressbook" | psql phpgroupwaresv
                                    Table "public.phpgw_addressbook"
       Column        |          Type          | Modifiers

---------------------+------------------------+---------------------------------------------------------
 id                  | integer                | not null default
nextval('seq_phpgw_addressbook'::text)
 lid                 | character varying(32)  |
[...]
 last_mod            | integer                | default 0
    "phpgw_addressbook_pkey" primary key, btree (id)

Mmmh... no, seems that index have some trouble.

I've checked all my 3 phpgw installation, and both have only the
primary key.

> and, do you run a "vacuum" on the database very often?  pg used to
> really need this, I don't know if it as true with newer version.

At every backup, every night.

There's somewhere a 'reference database schema'? I'm really involved in
doing a data only dump, restore the schema from reference and then (try
to) restore the data.

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin                                 GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/