Re: [phpGroupWare-users] Slow addressbook...

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-users] Slow addressbook...
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 08:08:38 -0500

On 4/18/07, Marco Gaiarin <address@hidden> wrote:

I've imported a 1000+ address collection in addressbook, froma local
'database' (an excel file) last year.

So you click on view/modify link, do whatever you want, exit from
there, wait, wait, wait ...

how's the server memory usage?  the "top" command can show you how
much is in swap and cache and buffers.  you want to have as little as
possible in swap and as much as possible in cache and buffers.  20 to
50 MB is "healthy" in swap, more than that and I'd add more ram or
reconfigure apache and postgres for less aggressive memory usages
(fewer spare child processes etc.)

I'm using debian sarge with postgres backend, there's something i can
do to improve addessbook performance?

also verify that the addressbook table have indexes, setup is supposed
to add them, but i have heard of them failing.

and, do you run a "vacuum" on the database very often?  pg used to
really need this, I don't know if it as true with newer version.