Re: [phpGroupWare-users] Problems with site after creating the header.in

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-users] Problems with site after creating the header.inc.php file
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 13:31:50 -0600

On 2/12/07, Rafael wrote:

Hi! I am Rafael from Mexico.

I am installing phpgroupware in a server with php 4.3.2 and mysql 4.0.23a. I am
having problems with the groupware site after creating the header.inc.php file.

After I do the first configuration that creates the header.inc.php file without
any problem (and it is created physically), I access the Install database step
(that shows: Your database is working, but you dont have any applications
installed), and after I click the Install button the server shows the
setup/index.php without having any change in the BD.

What are your error_reporting, display_errors, and log_errors settings
from php.ini?  you may be getting an error and php not showing it to
you

Then I try to access the Header admin login to try to change the header.inc.php
config, but if I click any button (Write config, download or view) it wont make
anything else than showing setup/manageheader.php again (looks just as
setup/index.php).

I cannot access anything because the database is not installed. I installed "manually"
the DB by importing a SQL code file and all the tables and configuration were created, but
phpgroupware showed in the login.php: "Fatal Error: It appears that you have not created the
database tables for phpGroupWare. Click here to run setup." And the same as above happens when
I try to use the Install applications module and the header config.

um, we don't provide an SQL file anymore.  the SQL schema is in php
and the setup code translates that to whatever database you use.  this
allows us to support many databases and only maintain one schema.

The most common cause is not having MySql's picky permissions correct.
If this is your server and you have root access, the easiest way is
to not create the database or user in mysql yourself, but instead
enter the root account in the install tables step and let it create
them for you.  this way there is no question that the permissions are
correct.