Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Significant CVS Changes

From: Dirk H. Schulz
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Significant CVS Changes
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 11:04:27 +0100

Thanks, Dave, it works now.

Last (really!) question: Do the tarballs on phpgroupware.org contain the new cvs config, or do I have to reconfigure it after a new install?

Dirk

Dave Hall schrieb:

On Fri, 2005-12-16 at 08:16 +0100, Dirk H. Schulz wrote:
Hi Chris,

sorry for insisting on not understanding exactly, but:

a) does this one-liner change the default behaviour of the cvs client so that I can still use the command "cvs -z9 update -dP" afterwards

It is a once off.  cvs -z9 update -dP will work fine for you once you
run the change over script once :)

Sorry if the initial post was little unclear.  I was trying to cover all
based at once for both users and devs.

Cheers

Dave

or

b) is it the new command I have to use for every update from now on?

Thanks for your patience. I am not using perl yet and would have to dig into "what's happening there" for some time - asking a master is more convenient. :-)

Dirk

Chris Weiss schrieb:

the savannah post has a line (that is not nearly easy enough to spot)
telling how to change you current setup.
from https://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=4168
Migration: type one of the following one-liner in your CVS working copy:

- For anonymous working copies
find . -path '.*/CVS/Root' -print0 | xargs -0 perl -i -p -e
's/:ext:anoncvs\@(cvs\.)?s/:pserver:address@hidden/'

- For a project member working copy
find . -path '.*/CVS/Root' -print0 | xargs -0 perl -i -p -e
's/address@hidden/address@hidden/'

(Note: this was reported not to work under MSys (see the comments); if
you know a more portable way, feel free to reply)