Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Adding users

From: Marcus Frischherz
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Adding users
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 19:29:22 +0100

I don't have such a table. However, mysql has a feature called auto_increment, and the account_id column in the phpgw_accounts table has this extra set, therefore it is not necessary for the application to keep track of the last id. mysql does it, and there is a PHP function in the mysql API of PHP which returns the last id of an auto_increment field.

Everything would be much easier if there was a way to see the PHP errors, but as phpgw suppresses them all with the @ in front of function calls, instead of having a possibility to turn error reporting on or off, it is almost impossible to debug. If I was told, where to look, I could remove the @ in that file, and see, where it happens. Or did I miss something, and it is in fact possible to debug phpgw?

Marcus

Guillaume Courtois wrote:
I should compare the last index (account_id) in the phpgw_accounts table with
what?

There is an auto-indent table for the last id used in phpgw_accounts. I can't
remember how it's called, phpgw_accounts_something I believe. When you add a
user in phpgw_accounts, the last id in that table must be used for the column
id in phpgw_accounts, and must be incremented automatically.

That's in postgres, but it should be the same in mysql ?

By looking at the table in the two instances I  can't see anything
extraordinary. There is a handfull of accounts in both instances, the
account_id has gaps in both cases (as I created and deleted accounts with the
old instance in the past while it staill was working, and with the new instance
now).

Gaps is not important but in my parent's install there was a difference
between the highest id used in phpgw_accounts, and the id in that famous
phpgw_accounts_xxx special table.