Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Adding users

From: Guillaume Courtois
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Adding users
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:40:20 +0000

> I should compare the last index (account_id) in the phpgw_accounts table with
> what?

There is an auto-indent table for the last id used in phpgw_accounts. I can't
remember how it's called, phpgw_accounts_something I believe. When you add a
user in phpgw_accounts, the last id in that table must be used for the column
id in phpgw_accounts, and must be incremented automatically.

That's in postgres, but it should be the same in mysql ?

> By looking at the table in the two instances I  can't see anything
> extraordinary. There is a handfull of accounts in both instances, the
> account_id has gaps in both cases (as I created and deleted accounts with the
> old instance in the past while it staill was working, and with the new
> instance
> now).

Gaps is not important but in my parent's install there was a difference
between the highest id used in phpgw_accounts, and the id in that famous
phpgw_accounts_xxx special table.