Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Trouble Ticket System problem

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Trouble Ticket System problem
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 13:14:26 +1000

On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 02:14 +0000, Chris Weiss wrote:
> On 7/29/05, Dave Hall <address@hidden> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 11:33 -0500, Chris Weiss wrote:
> > > why would it be up to tts?  it should be using the phpgwapi send mail
> > > class, if it's not then it needs fixed... except it unsupported for
> > > reasons just like this.
> > >

> > I would argue that the api needs a account->get_email_address method
> > which gets the user's email address.  First it should check for a linked
> > contact and see if there is an email address there, if so use it, if not
> > move on to the various email apps.
> >

> the email classes are the ones that get the logged in users email
> address, based on the username and the domain config'd in
> admin->email->site config and nothing to do with the new contacts
> backend (this stuff predates it).  Maybe using the contacts backend
> would be the best way, but class.send doesn't know about it and works
> fine everywhere else.

class.send is actually the problem.  The 16 version of class send in
email is more upto date (but not backwards compatible) than the api
version.

In the new email app and also the head version of email I use a slightly
modified version phpmailer, which I plan to add the head api.  We could
pretty easily make class send a wrapper for phpmailer which handles
things more gracefully - unfortunately I don't have time to do this now,
and it doesn't solve fuzzbawl's problem.

Cheers

Dave
--
Dave Hall (aka skwashd)