[Phpgroupware-users] Synchronization with mobile appliances via SyncML -

From: Christian Rost
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Synchronization with mobile appliances via SyncML - need help ASAP
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 14:20:47 +0000

Hi,

I'm going to write an step-by-step documentation on how to realize
synchronization between PHPgroupware and mobile appliances like Pocket PC.

At the moment I'm stuck in the middle and am desperately searching for help.
Part of the project is a presentation that takes place next wednesday, where
we're going to present PHPgroupware and also the synchronization with an
Pocket PC.

So far I've studied the [sync4j] installation howto from the cvs, the debian
installation howto from the wiki and the phpgw-dev thread from december 2004.
Furtunately I was able to get hold on the 1.2 version of sync4j-server.
Following the howto I installed the jboss/ sync4j -server, the PHPgroupware
connector and the PHPgrouware modules [sync-module, ipc test suite].

But now I'm stuck, because I was unable to find any documentation that helps
me further. I don't know if I've done it right or
- how to test the sync4j <-> phpgw connector
- which connector to chose for the Pocket PC to connect to sync4j-server 1.2
- which version of PHPgw is the best to work with [.16?]

Has anybody of you a running system who can help me further? If I can't get it
running until wednesday, we can't take PHPgroupware for the project, even if
it's fulfilling nearly all of our needs. I've already phoned the guys from
Probusiness but they can't help at the moment.

Greetings,

Christian

--
Christian Rost