Re: [Phpgroupware-users] ongoing problem with Chat

From: Brett Shadbolt
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] ongoing problem with Chat
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 10:26:19 +0000

Unfortunately our hosting service is running php in cgi mode and you cannot
use .htaccess to modify any parameters otherwise you get a server error. The
following is taken directly out of the php.ini file for our server:

PHP looks for it in the current working directory, in the path designated by
the environment variable PHPRC, and in the path that was defined in compile
time (in that order).

I have tried just putting a modified php.ini in the document root directory
but it seems that this is not recursive - i.e. php.ini must be physically in
every directory which contains a php script. I agree it seems ridiculous but
it now works when it didn't before.

Anyway my problem now is that Chat is finding the session data but reporting
an error for session files which contain no data - any ideas on this?

Cheers,

Brett Shadbolt