Re: [Phpgroupware-users] lost addressbook info from 9.14 to 9.16

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] lost addressbook info from 9.14 to 9.16
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 00:18:07 +0000

> I don't know what problems you have had.  Most upgrades from .14 to .16 go
> smoothly
>
> I suppose you should upgrade to the most recent .14 (0.9.14.007) before
> upgrading to .16

also be sure to update to the latest .16.000-1 and if possible do a cvs update
BEFORE doing anything in setup.

  export CVS_RSH=ssh
  cd /path/to/phpgroupware
  cvs -z4 update -dPC

If you already have other data in your .16 that you want to keep you can do
this on a temp install and then move teh phpgw_contact* tables to the new
install.

Another option to try is to delete the phpgw_contact* tables, then go edit the
phpgw_applications table and set the version to 0.9.13.002, and go into
setup/config step4 and upgrade addressbook.  Be sure that you are using
.16.000-1 and a cvs update before trying this.  Stable branch is always safe
to update from and if anything there is changed it is to fix a bug so it
always be better.