Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Problem with Chat

From: Brett Shadbolt
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Problem with Chat
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 17:48:23 GMT

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the prompt response.

I agree it is a bad idea having all sessions stored in the same directory,
unfortunately I am only a client of the hosting company and have no control
over their practices.

I am using the latest version of phpgw 0.9.16 updated regularly via CVS.

the current directory structure is as follows:

my root directory is /home/<user>
my webroot is /home/<user>/public_html
I have phpgroupware installed in /home/<user>/phpgroupware with a symlink in
the webroot pointing to this.
I have a tmp directory at /home/<user>/tmp but all session data is stored in
/tmp by default. When I first installed phpgw I set the tmp directory to
/home/<user>/tmp but soon found that the session data wasn't being stored here
and have reset it to /tmp

I am completely unfamiliar with .htaccess files but created a .htaccess file in
my /home/<user>/phpgroupware directory as suggested. When I did this this I got
an internal server error and could no longer access phpgw at all. I edited the
existing .htaccess file in the webroot and could no longer access anything
under the webroot.
The /home/<user>/tmp directory is public writeable so permissions is not the
problem, any other ideas?

Cheers,

Brett