RE: [Phpgroupware-users] Mail Auth to Re

From: Kirk Lawson
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-users] Mail Auth to Re
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 15:55:00 -0500

OK, took the advice and it didn't work.  Details below.

> when email works is it using the custom setting or using the
> imap host from the site
> config and passing in the phpgw username and password?

When e-mail works, it uses the default settings from the E-Mail -> Site
Configuration page.

Enter your POP*/IMAP mail server hostname or IP address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx*

Select your mail server type: IMAP

IMAP server type: UWash

Enter your default mail domain ( From: address@hidden ): foo.bar**

Mail server login type: standard

Enter your SMTP server hostname or IP address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx*

Enter your SMTP server port: 25

* This is the real IP
** This is the real domain name

> RH's IMAP is a UWash, the other won't work with it.

I have set to UWash.

> Also, UWash doesn't like to be called by "localhost" so be
> sure to use the host name or the IP address.

I have set to the actual IP.

Just for grins, I reformated and reinstalled back down at RH 8.0 and
installed the latest phpgroupware RPMs.

"The Setup/Config Adming Login" -> "Edit Current Configuration" ->
"Select which type of authentication you are using" is set to "Mail",
"Auto create account records for authenticated user" is set to "Yes"
(though leaving the default setting on "No" has the same effect), and the
"Auto-created user accounts expire" set to never.

All other "Authentication / Accounts" are left at default.

Still get the same thing.

When I try to log in the under MAIL auth the login fails citing "Bad
username or password"

The /var/log/maillog file issues:

imapd[xxxx]: imap service init from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
imapd[xxxx]: Command stream end of file, while reading line user=???
host=UNKNOWN

BAsically, it still won't log in through e-mail, though e-mail itself
works just fine.

Thanks for the help,
Kirk Lawson,
Peace favor your sword
 --
"In these modern times, many men are wounded for not having weapons or
knowledge of their use."