Re: [Phpgroupware-users] POP3 and mailbox

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] POP3 and mailbox
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:22:11 +0000

phpgw does not have a local mailstore at all and pop3 doesn't support folders.
IMAP
is better suited for web based email.

GAY Samuel (address@hidden) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>After getting an old pc, I installer a Linux RedHat9 OS and phpgroupare
>0.9.14.005
(with apache 1.3.27 , php 4.3.2 , mysql 4.0.13). Just for information I've
posted
this week a message "DB init hanging" about an installation on XP-Pro. On linux
all
run wells (after recompiling apache an php with good options, especialy to add
mysql
module to php).

>I try the mail tool of phpgroupware. On my own PC, I've James 2.1.3 (small mail
server in java from apache group). I can send mail to my exchange server, no
problem. But I can't see anywhere in phpgroupware the mail I've already sent.

>Didn't have phpgroupware a "folder" for sent mail, like all clients using
>pop3/smtp
(or all web mail tools) ? I thing I missed something, but what ?