Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Crontab?!

From: Ralf Becker
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Crontab?!
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 22:33:03 +0200

Chris Weiss wrote:
I see a "cron" dir, those are file that were created to automaticaly clear out
sessions that wern't loged out properly and such.  I don't know that it's still
needed or would even still work.

There was some talk about create an interface for timed events but i don't know
that
anyone has actually done any work on it.

It's already working, documentation is in the wiki and inline in the source of phpgwapi/inc/class.asnycservice.inc.php. There is not automatic instalation atm and no fallback if not installed in the crontab. I will fix that in the next days. To check it out and manualy install the services call the class direct via the browser (this debug interface will be disabled in the release).

Feel free to experiment with it. I will use it to implement the alarms in the calendar from .16 on.

Ralf

Marco Gaiarin (address@hidden) wrote:

I've found in phpgwapi dir a directory called crontab, and i've heared
in the past someone speak about cron jobs in phpgw.

I've not found some reference in documentation about this, someone can
point me in the correct way?!

Thanks.

                Osservatorio sulle sporche menzogne di guerra
                    http://www.peacelink.it/mediawatch/