Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Intermittent database select errors --Still...

From: Izzy Blacklock
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Intermittent database select errors --Still...
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 17:09:05 -0700

On Wednesday 02 Apr 2003 11:54 am, Chris Weiss wrote:
> using hte new version of pg?  pg changed the way several things worked,
> including the LIMIT command, so yeah it could be a compatability issue in
> the API.

I'm using postgresql-7.3.2, which is the latest release.  I'm guessing phpgw
hasn't been tested fully on this release?  Anyone else running phpgw with the
latest version of postgresql?  It seems strange that a simple refresh would
cause the problems to go away if this was a simple compatability issue with
sql commands?

I'll see if falling back to the old one and see if it makes a difference.  Any
issues with postgresql-7.2.4 (the latest in the 7.2 series)?

I've started a compatability chart at the Axisgw wiki:

http://docs.axisgroupware.org/index.php?page=Compatability+chart

It isn't fancy, but it should help avoid problems like this in the future.  If
you know details that are missing, please add them.  I only have phpgw-0.9.14
info.  If you know details for other versions, please start a chart for them.

...Izzy