Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Intermittent database selecterrors --Still...

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Intermittent database selecterrors --Still...
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 11:21:04 +1000

Izzy Blacklock <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wednesday 02 Apr 2003 11:54 am, Chris Weiss wrote:
> > using hte new version of pg?  pg changed the way several things
> worked,> including the LIMIT command, so yeah it could be a
> compatability issue in
> > the API.
>
> I'm using postgresql-7.3.2, which is the latest release.  I'm
> guessing phpgw
> hasn't been tested fully on this release?  Anyone else running
> phpgw with the
> latest version of postgresql?  It seems strange that a simple
> refresh would
> cause the problems to go away if this was a simple compatability
> issue with
> sql commands?

There are some issues with pgsql 7.3.x.  We are aware of some of them.
But like register globals this will take some time to fix.  We are
hoping to have 0.9.16 pgsql 7.3 compliant.  pgsql 7.3 was released well
after the 0.9.14 release.  We have fixed some stuff in 0.9.14.002 - but
not all.

> I'll see if falling back to the old one and see if it makes a
> difference.  Any
> issues with postgresql-7.2.4 (the latest in the 7.2 series)?

None known

> I've started a compatability chart at the Axisgw wiki:
>
> http://docs.axisgroupware.org/index.php?page=Compatability+chart
>
> It isn't fancy, but it should help avoid problems like this in the
> future.  If
> you know details that are missing, please add them.  I only have
> phpgw-0.9.14
> info.  If you know details for other versions, please start a
> chart for them.

We will be releasing 0.9.16 in a few months, maybe you want to help with
testing that.