[Phpgroupware-users] trouble with 0.9.14.001 email, anglemail, and also

From: Brian Johnson
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] trouble with 0.9.14.001 email, anglemail, and also attachments - solved
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 18:42:24 +0000

Some of you on irc know I had trouble with email ... it seems to work now and
thought it might be good to have in the mailing list archives in case someone
else
encounters a similar problem

I was using 0.9.13 and everything was great.  Then I decided to upgrade to
0.9.14.001 to get the sitemgr and wiki apps to work and my email went crazy

My postmaster (the db manager for my postgres db) would run for a couple of
seconds
and then my apache daemon would grab all of my cpu resources until the page
timed out.

I upgraded to the latest release client from anglemail.org (the 0.9.14.001 email
client is an older version of anglemail according to sources) and it didn't
help.

On the advice to check the email table (phpgw_anglemail) from skwashd and cw in
irc
I ended up deleted all the records with DELETE FROM phpgw_anglemail after
connecting
to my phpgroupware db using psql (the command line interface for postgresql)

The email started to work but I couldn't get attachments to attach

After consultation with my experts, I checked the file permissions of my temp
dir
(as specified by step 2 of the setup app) and they were 777 so no problem there.

Did some research (I love google) and found a reference to a setting in php.ini.
Mine was set to file_uploads    = Off so I switched it to On and stopped and
started
apache

Voila, attachments work

Must be a different method to attach files in the newer version.

Hope this is useful to someone

--
Brian Johnson

This is where my witty signature line would be if I bothered to edit this line
:)