Re: [Phpgroupware-users] trouble with 0.9.14.001 email, anglemail, and a

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] trouble with 0.9.14.001 email, anglemail, and also attachments - solved
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 06:22:24 +1100

Brian Johnson <address@hidden> wrote:

> Some of you on irc know I had trouble with email ... it seems to
> work now and
> thought it might be good to have in the mailing list archives in
> case someone else
> encounters a similar problem

good idea

> I was using 0.9.13 and everything was great.  Then I decided to
> upgrade to
> 0.9.14.001 to get the sitemgr and wiki apps to work and my email
> went crazy

There are quite a few bug fixes in there too :)

> My postmaster (the db manager for my postgres db) would run for a
> couple of seconds
> and then my apache daemon would grab all of my cpu resources until
> the page timed out.
>
> I upgraded to the latest release client from anglemail.org (the
> 0.9.14.001 email
> client is an older version of anglemail according to sources) and
> it didn't help.

I think all the bugs in email have been fixed in the stable cvs branch.

Just so people know, anglemail has its own development cycle and mailing
list anglemail at free-source.com.  phpGroupWare officially supports the
stable brnach of cvs version of anglemail, and if catch us on a good day
we can help with other version of anglemail.

> On the advice to check the email table (phpgw_anglemail) from
> skwashd and cw in irc
> I ended up deleted all the records with DELETE FROM
> phpgw_anglemail after connecting
> to my phpgroupware db using psql (the command line interface for
> postgresql)
> The email started to work but I couldn't get attachments to attach

This is an anglemail table, not a phpgw email table.  afaik this feature
is only available in the last couple of anglemail tarballs and the HEAD
branch of cvs.

<snip />

> Did some research (I love google) and found a reference to a
> setting in php.ini.
> Mine was set to file_uploads    = Off so I switched it to On and
> stopped and started
> apache

Ummm .... it has always been a requirement to have file_uploads = On for
email attachments (and filemanager/phpwebhosting uploads) to work.  It
is also covered in phpgwapi/doc/php-configuration.txt ... Sorry we
didn't think of this one :)

Cheers

Dave