Re: [Phpgroupware-users] ``porting'' phpgw contacts auth/acl to ldap...

From: Marco Gaiarin
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] ``porting'' phpgw contacts auth/acl to ldap...
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 16:25:42 +0100

Mandi! Dave Hall
  In chel di` si favelave...

> > But clearly this break all the auth schema that phpgw impose on.
> > Effectively, all LDAP entry are done by Admin user.
> Correct, you can only use ldap for either contacts or auth ... but not both.

No, i've not explain me very well. ;)

I'm using LDAP for auth and contacts, there's no problem at all. Auth
(user and groups) go to People and Group organizational unit (ou)
respectively, when contacts go to Contacs ou.

The problema arises because if i permit users to use the contacts via
ldap, they can read all the contacts database, also the entry flagged
private, because this is achieved via a simple field in ldap database.

To protect privacy of private contacts (argh! ;) it needs a proper
access = statement in slapd.conf, i've simply asked if someone have
already do this.

I hope i've explain me better. ;(

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin                                 GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

        Difendiamo la Legge 185/90 dall'assalto della lobby delle armi.
                Blocchiamo subito il disegno di legge n. 1927.
                          http://web.vita.it/185/
                   http://www.retelilliput.org/petizioni/
                        http://www.banchearmate.it/