Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Re: LDAP ldapmodify

From: jef peeraer
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Re: LDAP ldapmodify
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 13:19:29 +0100

> on* Tue, 12 Nov 2002 17:12:36 +0100, you wrote*:
> >On Tuesday 12 November 2002 12:16, you wrote:
> >> i am using the latest cvs stable-source from today, openldap2
> >
> >v2.1.4. When
> >
> >> i try to convert the existing ldap users via the ldapmodify, this
> >
> >won't
> >
> >> work. I select users, admin users, groups and applications, then i
> >
> >press
> >
> >> modify, but the application returns to the same screen, unselecting
> >
> >my
> >
> >> previous selections. I'll get no authentication errors or whatsoever
> >
> >in my
> >I solved it myself . The php version was 4.2.2 -> must set
> >register_globals
> >to On !! It works now, altough I get a lot of errors :
> >
> >Warning LDAP: Value array must have consecutive indices 0,1,... in
> >ldapmodify on line 170
> >Warning : Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in
> >ldapmodify.php on line 193
>
> Then it is a bug, which needs to be fixed. In the next days i'll start
> working on better ldap support.
>
> Cu
It went better when i set schemacheck to off. Still some errors. For the rest
it seems to work now! I am authenticating to this server running ldap and
phpgroupware. This seems to be a nice combination. Some ideas :
PAM authentication when changing passwords , one can change a password in
something very simple. What about these home-directories , it should be nice
if they got created as well, i know, there is this pam_mkhomedir, but this
doesn't seem to work with mounted homedirs.

Jef