Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Can NOT get calendar update notification by E-M

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Can NOT get calendar update notification by E-Mail.
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 16:17:59 +0900

Yes I have set the
"Send/Receive updates via EMail " to ON, I just failed to get any msg from
phpGroupWare.

thank you for your time , and I really appreciate your help so much.

Sincerely,
Michael

Dave Hall wrote:

Michael,

Thanks for the info. Please post responses to the list. Even tho I am trying to help you, there are other who may be experiencing this problem and/or have a solution for it.

Back to the problem.

Michael <address@hidden> wrote:
0. Well, it is true I checked the " Use custom settings " in phpGroupWare (version 0.9.14.000)EMail
Preference.  and " Email Account Name" is "michael";

1. In our Lab, phpGroupWare is installed on one machine while Mail
server installed on another one.

2. On phpGroupWare host, there is only one normal user account called
"michael"; on Mail server host, there are "michael" and many other useraccounts.

3. On phpGroupWare host, I logged in as "michael" then run cmdline
"mail", but didn't find any msg about phpGroupWare.

Ok ... i just wasn't sure how the calendar setup worked with custom setting and notifications. It looks like this blows my theory out of the water :(

4. With current setting, I can both send and receive mail; but if I
uncheck the " Use custom settings ", phpGroupWare host will not be ableto connect to Mail server.

Shall I modify any Calendar preference?

You do have the calendar pref set to on for notify??

Thanks.

Dave Hall wrote:

ÖÃ ÀÄæ¼  wrote

Hi dave,

Thank you for your mail.

np

This mail is sent from phpGroupWare by normal mail.

Ok ... that is a good sign. Do you use custom mail settings in
phpgw? >Or do the username names map to local mail addresses?

Thanks.
2k2-10-09 14:40