[Phpgroupware-users] A new FileManager

From: Sam Przyswa
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] A new FileManager
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 01:43:38 +0000

Hi,

I have make a port of PHPtree file manager on phpGroupWare 0.9.14, there is the
README (sorry for my poor english)

*** PHPtree for phpGroupWare ***

This application written by Jason Read <address@hidden>
http://phptree.sourceforge.net/ but I have, Sam Przyswa, make the port on
PHPgroupware 0.9.14 branch and do some changes and improvements (I hope).

What is PHPtree for phpGroupWare ?

It's yet an other filemanager for phpGroupWare with a tree display in
MS-Explorer
look and feel. The main originality reside in the DB file storage, on MySQL,
instead of VFS and it permit share files with users or groups of users with
differents level of permissions. The main works in this port are:

   o Use the PHPGW directories structure

   o Use the PHPGW language fonctionalities

   o Support cookies and non-cookies session management.

   o Use the PHPGW ACL features and the PHPtree builtin files/directories
     permissions management

   o Use the regular PHPGW install/setup.

and it take advantages of the PHPGW framework, but for now it only work with
MySQL
because the original development was like this, this port it's more a hack than
real PHPGW port, it don't use the bo/so class structure as it should be, perhaps
in the future and with your help...

What PHPtree for phpGroupWare does ?

You can create your own file storage within directories and sub-directories and,
by default, only visible by you and the Admins users on the system. You can
share
both or a part of your directories and files with group(s) of PHPGW users or
only
some selected users by use the PHPGW ACL feature in preferences page. But you
can
in addition use the builtin PHPtree permissions system, for exemple, you can
share
your root directory with the Staff group by use ACL but cache several sub-
directories and files within the root directory with the builtin PHPtree access
right.

The both PHPGW ACL and PHPtree have Read/Blind, Add, Delete, permissions for
files
and directories, and you can also copy/move files or directories through the
file
system as long as you have write/add rights on the directories.

Administration:

Only Admins users can see both directories with full access right to copy/move
files/directories and change files owner.

PHPtree come with US/English and French languages at this time, sorry for that.
The code have to be cleaned up and I left some comments on the cached features
and
to remaind me what I have done, it's a early beta port of the Jason Read's work,
thanks to him !

Feel free to post me bugs and comments as well as improvements you can do in
this
code.

 Sam Przyswa <address@hidden>
 08/28/2002