Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Broken installation, or something else?

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Broken installation, or something else?
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 09:53:48 +1000

Hi Jamie,

Jamie Lawrence <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi all -
>
> I'm having odd problems getting phpgw working. I'm running Debian,
> withphp v.4.2.1 and phpgw v. 0.9.14.000, with Postgres backing it.

I don't use debain ... so i don't know what the default install is ...
but here goes my theory.

What is you error level reporting set to??  The messages you are getting
seem to come from having error_reporting  =  E_ALL set in you php.ini.
If this is the case try changing it to error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE .

Regardless if you do what is describe above ... check the following

Have register_globals = on which is not a default in php4.2.1 ... i
would also recommend setting display_errors = off and log_errors = on.
This way all your errors wind up in the log file and they don't generate
header already sent errors.

Let me know how you go

Cheers

skwashd