Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Broken installation, or something else?

From: Jamie Lawrence
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Broken installation, or something else?
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 11:29:09 -0500

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002, Dave Hall wrote:

> Hi Jamie,

[...]

Thanks for the tips, Dave! Worked wonders.

> I don't use debain ... so i don't know what the default install is ...
> but here goes my theory.

I started with the default install, but it, for me at least, was
horribly broken. The Debian package for phpgw is currently 0.9.13, and
didn't work. I started anew from the current tarball.

> What is you error level reporting set to??  The messages you are getting
> seem to come from having error_reporting  =  E_ALL set in you php.ini.
> If this is the case try changing it to error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE .

Ah. Sorry, I'm a bit new to PHP. Yes, I turned that on when I was having
other problems getting phpgw working. The errors went away, and
presumably they aren't all that important. Thank you.

> Regardless if you do what is describe above ... check the following
>
> Have register_globals = on which is not a default in php4.2.1 ... i
> would also recommend setting display_errors = off and log_errors = on.
> This way all your errors wind up in the log file and they don't generate
> header already sent errors.

Did so. All seems to be well, for the most part.

> Let me know how you go

Thanks again for the tip. We're now well on our way to evaluating it,
and will probably use it. I'm looking over the developer's docs to try
to make sure our changes can at least be considered for merging back in
to the main tree.

Thanks again!

-j

--
Jamie Lawrence                                        address@hidden
"The greatest thing about hope is that it makes absolutely no