[Phpgroupware-users] updating vom 0.9.12 to 0.9.14 does not really work

From: Dirk H. Schulz
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] updating vom 0.9.12 to 0.9.14 does not really work
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 13:53:10 +0200

Hi there,

I tried updating my 0.9.12 by transferring the database to a new host (that worked) and there installing 0.9.14 RC4 anew and running setup against that database.

That seemed to work so far, as setup claimed the version to be 0.9.12 and suggested an update which I let it run. After the next login to config it claimed everything to be up to date.

But then a lot of problems appeared. Most applications do not work due to invalid select statements (e. g. bookmarks).

Next thing is that the administration application claims a lot of applications to be old. When verifying with a second installation of 0.9.14 RC4 I found they all are up to date.

So there is two questions that remain: Has anyone of you succeeded in upgrading, and what is there to do more than let setup run against the old database?

And is there any way of finding out which tables are used by which appliccation a) in 0.9.12 and b) in 0.9.14 to manually export and import content in mysql? In the adress book not even export and import of the entries via the supplied export/import function works: The export is okay (I can read the resulting text file), and the import into 0.9.14 seems to work (it even names a nearly correct number), but then none of the imported contacts can be displayed and the search does not lead to any of them.

And I simply do not want to type in everything again.

Thanks for any help.

Dirk