Re: Antwort: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] modify calendar application

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: Antwort: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] modify calendar application
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 09:38:14 +1000

Hi Lars,

> Hi Dave,
>
> > So, I'll try what I want to realize: we want to have a group
> > calendar where
> > the users can see topics about our it infrastructure, for example
> > if there
> > will be tests at the network one day and so on. For that, we
> will have
> > different groups of users. There a groups of users who can only
> > read the
> > calendar for their group, than there are users from a group who
> > should be
> > able to add new events for their group. So, there should be a
> > default group
> > for phpGroupWare who isn't able to add new events. How can I
> > realize that?
> > I haven't seen any opportunities inside the administration module
> > to do
> > that.
>
> >It is under the preferences option for each user.  Use the 'Grant
> >Access' option.  Each user in the group/s which can create
> entries needs
> >to grant read access to the group/s which you want to have read
> access.>They also have to grant full rights to the group/s that
> have full rights.
>

> >Another alternative is to add a 'Infrastructure' user to the system,
> >which is used for making these updates and then just grant read
> access>to all users.  This is a bit messier, but it means that you
> don't>clutter everyone's calendar with the events.
>
> Okay, your first version tends into the right direction. I've
> created two
> groups for testing: "Group-write" and "Group-read". The problem
> is, when I
> do that, that the
> group "Group-read" has to choose inside their calender at the top
> "Group-write" as user to read their entries. To have automatically the
> entries inside their calender, I have to choose them as
> participants when I
> create the entry. So, when I have lots of groups, you'll have
> every time to
> change the calender to read the entries.

You can assign participants as by group.  Just simply invite the read
only group as a group.

The reason I suggested the new user was that all of the information and
rights management can be centralised with one account.

> The other thing what I don't like is, that the users of Group-Read
> have the
> possibility to do their own calender entries. It should be as easy as
> possible, it would be great, if they would not have this
> possibility and if
> they could not change the calendar user.

The first thing that comes to mind is 'why'?  If they can't change the
write group's entries wouldn't that be ok?  If you really want to
acheive this you could look into doing something like the following:
Make sure the read group are participants in the event
Put an acl entry in the phpgw_acl db table (back up the db first):
acl_appname='calendar',
acl_location & acl_accounts = [account_id],
acl_rights=1 (read only)

This *should* give the user readonly access to there own entries.

I have never wanted to do this and haven't tested it but i suspect it
should work.  Try it for a user and if it works then try the id of the
read group as the account id - note i am less sure on this working.

If the user has no rights on any other calendar they should not be able
to change the user.

Godd luck and keep me posted on your progress.

Cheers

skwashd
Dave