Antwort: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] modify calendar application

From: lars . rektorschek
Subject: Antwort: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] modify calendar application
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 09:54:09 +0200

Hi Dave,

> So, I'll try what I want to realize: we want to have a group
> calendar where
> the users can see topics about our it infrastructure, for example
> if there
> will be tests at the network one day and so on. For that, we will have
> different groups of users. There a groups of users who can only
> read the
> calendar for their group, than there are users from a group who
> should be
> able to add new events for their group. So, there should be a
> default group
> for phpGroupWare who isn't able to add new events. How can I
> realize that?
> I haven't seen any opportunities inside the administration module
> to do
> that.

>It is under the preferences option for each user.  Use the 'Grant
>Access' option.  Each user in the group/s which can create entries needs
>to grant read access to the group/s which you want to have read access.
>They also have to grant full rights to the group/s that have full rights.

>Another alternative is to add a 'Infrastructure' user to the system,
>which is used for making these updates and then just grant read access
>to all users.  This is a bit messier, but it means that you don't
>clutter everyone's calendar with the events.

Okay, your first version tends into the right direction. I've created two
groups for testing: "Group-write" and "Group-read". The problem is, when I
do that, that the
group "Group-read" has to choose inside their calender at the top
"Group-write" as user to read their entries. To have automatically the
entries inside their calender, I have to choose them as participants when I
create the entry. So, when I have lots of groups, you'll have every time to
change the calender to read the entries.

The other thing what I don't like is, that the users of Group-Read have the
possibility to do their own calender entries. It should be as easy as
possible, it would be great, if they would not have this possibility and if
they could not change the calendar user.

Greets

Lars