[Phpgroupware-users] modify calendar application

From: lars . rektorschek
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] modify calendar application
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 16:06:41 +0200

Hi,

I want to use phpGroupWare as a webbased calendar. I've seen other
solutions like WebCalendar, but the design and the functionality from
phpGroupWare is much more better. To use phpGroupWare for my solution, at
first I've disabled every module except of the calendar. But inside the
calendar module, I think that I'll have to modify the code so that
phpGroupWare works as we need it.

So, I'll try what I want to realize: we want to have a group calendar where
the users can see topics about our it infrastructure, for example if there
will be tests at the network one day and so on. For that, we will have
different groups of users. There a groups of users who can only read the
calendar for their group, than there are users from a group who should be
able to add new events for their group. So, there should be a default group
for phpGroupWare who isn't able to add new events. How can I realize that?
I haven't seen any opportunities inside the administration module to do
that.

The other group which can create new events can be realized with the
possibilities of phpGroupWare at the moment.

If anybody has an idea how to realize the other group which can only read,
I'd be happy if you'd post your ideas.

Bye
Lars