RE: [Phpgroupware-users] Installation and Configuration Questions

From: Scott A. Henderson
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-users] Installation and Configuration Questions
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 10:26:26 -0800

Having just gone through this recently I can pass on a little wisdom:

First of all look at the documentation on the phpgroupware site
(http://docs.phpgroupware.org/), this addresses the permission issue you are
running into.

Second if you are using the RC2 distribution there is problem with the
e-mail that will require you to do edit some source code see
http://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=1505194 for the change that
needs to be made.  If you don't do this the e-mail won't work.

I didn't use the rpm package, but the tar ball and it went well you might
want to try and back out what you have and start over.

I have moved the phpgroupware root to a number of locations.  As long as
your web server knows where to find it you should be ok, there is nothing
that I am aware of that ties this to a specific location.  With the rpm
version though if you move things around you will not be able to rpm -e the
app later.

As for your rpm installation, I am guessing that it went wrong.  If rpm -e
doesn't recognize the app then the database is not correct.  You can try
"rpm -q -a |grep php" or something like that to see if you can find it in
the database.

Scott