Re: [Phpgroupware-docteam] Re: Fwd: Documentation help?

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-docteam] Re: Fwd: Documentation help?
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 00:39:09 +1000

On Wed, 2006-09-06 at 15:40 +0200, Maat wrote:
> Dave Hall a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > In order to cut down on spam on our lists we require all posters to
> > subscribe first.
> >
> > All documentation contributions are welcomed.  I am in the process of
> > reviewing the website and documentation in preparation for the 0.9.18
> > release.  Feel free to make suggestions here.
> >
> > We are planning to produce all documentation in ODF (open document
> > format) as it is an open standard and most people have access to a tool
> > for create/edit such documentation.  Converting the existing docs to ODF
> > is something we are working on atm.
> >
> > The other advantage of ODF is that a non geek can create docs and post
> > them on savannah where we can can export it to html, pdf and plain text
> > easily before adding it to CVS.
> >
> > Let us know what you are interested in working on and I am sure we will
> > be able to accommodate you :)
> >
> > Please subscribe to the list, so we can continue the discussion there.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Dave
> >
> I can help writing french part of documentation ( from nothing or
> translation from english )

Go for it.

> ps : if we commit html exported from ods into cvs will we have to back
> process html to ods each time we want to work on documentation ?

no, as we will only accept updates as odt file (ODF Text Files).  The
other advantage of ODF is the ability to use track changes, so a user
can enable that to make it easier to review the updates.

Maybe we need a documenting howto :)

The new phpGW doc template will be finished shortly.

Cheers

Dave
--
Dave Hall (aka skwashd)