partysip-dev

Re: [Partysip-dev] (no subject)

From: Aymeric MOIZARD
Subject: Re: [Partysip-dev] (no subject)
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 11:54:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Andreas Greulich wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm pretty new to the SIP protocol, so please forgive me if this is a stupid
> question. I just recently got a GrandStream BT100 phone which works pretty
> nice.
> But I miss the feature of X-Lite that allows me to be logged in into more than
> one SIP-to-PSTN provider at once (Stanaphone, Sipgate, etc) and receive calls
> from any of these (so no matter if anybody calls my German Sipgate or US
> Stanaphone number), plus (less important) to choose what provider to make my
> own
> calls from using a dial prefix (#1, #2, ...).
>
> I didn't yet study Partysip throughly, but I'm basically wondering if it could
> solve my problem? What I'm looking for is a kind of reverse proxy that, on one
> side, acts like a client to several providers, and on the other side acts as
> one
> virtual provider to my phone. It should not be like normal proxy servers where
> the phone must differ between the providers (the BT can only handle one
> provider
> at a time), but as a reverse proxy that hides different providers behind one
> single.

I think the whole thing is possible to set up with partysip. You can use
mainly the filter plugin that use regexp to route outgoing calls towards
your particulars operators (using #1, #2, or any prefix you like....)

For any additionnal registration you need, you can probably use the
./sip_reg tool given with eXosip. It can be used to register to your
operator or to partysip.

Aymeric