partysip-dev

[Partysip-dev] (no subject)

From: Andreas Greulich
Subject: [Partysip-dev] (no subject)
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 00:00:42 +0200

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to the SIP protocol, so please forgive me if this is a stupid
question. I just recently got a GrandStream BT100 phone which works pretty nice.
But I miss the feature of X-Lite that allows me to be logged in into more than
one SIP-to-PSTN provider at once (Stanaphone, Sipgate, etc) and receive calls
from any of these (so no matter if anybody calls my German Sipgate or US
Stanaphone number), plus (less important) to choose what provider to make my own
calls from using a dial prefix (#1, #2, ...).

I didn't yet study Partysip throughly, but I'm basically wondering if it could
solve my problem? What I'm looking for is a kind of reverse proxy that, on one
side, acts like a client to several providers, and on the other side acts as one
virtual provider to my phone. It should not be like normal proxy servers where
the phone must differ between the providers (the BT can only handle one provider
at a time), but as a reverse proxy that hides different providers behind one
single. This of course also implies that the proxy must keep my different
authentication credentials (for the different providers) locally.

Could this be handles using Partysip? Or maybe some other open source software
(that runs under Linux), like SER or sipd? Or does such a thing not exist yet
(I'd be ready to contribute to such a beast as far as I can)?

Thanks in advance, Andy