partysip-dev

[Partysip-dev] Re: [Osip] ipv6 support for partysip

From: Jamey Hicks
Subject: [Partysip-dev] Re: [Osip] ipv6 support for partysip
Date: 05 Nov 2002 22:44:55 -0500

On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 09:09, Aymeric Moizard wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Hicks, Jamey wrote:
>

> > We are interested in using osip, partysip, and SIP ua's such as
> > linphone over IPv6.  I had patched an earlier version of partysip to
> > work with IPv6, but the parts that I patched changed pretty radically
> > in the recent release, so it needs to be redone.  It looks like it is
> > going to be more work this time.
>
> This is why patch should be released..  Did you send me your partysip's
> patch once?

Here is an initial patch on the way to supporting IPv6.

* added ppl_sockaddr_t, a union of struct sockaddr, struct sockaddr_in,
and struct sockaddr_in6
* uses ppl_sockaddr_t * in ppl functions instead of sockaddr_in *

I have not cleaned up calls to any of the platform routines that assume
IPv4 yet, but at least this patch should push the IPv4 dependence inside
the ppl routines.

Jamey